Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Settling In

Dude says,
For some inexplicable reason I keep getting about 5 hours of sleep a night. I'm like "Dat Dude" (Marcellus Wiley) who slept only a couple hours a night during his NFL career. That's how hard I do Barca.

Little update on things here. I started using this site called MeetUp to find fun things to do and meet people in the city. I haven't been to any activities yet but have signed up for a few intercambios (language exchanges) at a couple different bars in the city. Bars seem like the perfect venue for that sort of thing, as my Spanish seems to get exponentially better after a couple of drinks. I've also signed up for some club nights and dance classes to boogie on down and make an ass of myself. And I found a pick-up basketball club so I can show these Europeans what a real baller looks like, and attempt to exercise while I'm here... attempt.

More Food 


I think I found my cheap hole-in-the-wall eatery so far. It's a little falafel and shawarma restaurant three minutes away. I love me some good shawarms on a nice doughy Laffa. Cheap and delicious. We also did round two of shopping the other day.



Dos Kiwis, eggs (from the market), pepper, bread, strange juice, sugar, slice'o'brie (market), and cured sausage (market) for... €7.56 or $9.54. Bread, sausage and Brie was lunch before beach. And the rest of the sausage and a couple eggs were breakfast the next day. I'm not really sure what cured meat we got but it was delicious and gave me the sheets.




No comments:

Post a Comment