Thursday, October 16, 2014

Rest in Peace my dear friend

and here's what she says:

As you just heard from my male counterpart, something very important was taken from me as I slept 4 feet away. As I am grateful for my safety and the fact that much more could have been taken and wasn't, I am still sad to announce the loss of my beautiful Kate Spade purse.

It seems like just yesterday I was waking down the beach with my feet in the surf, collecting sea glass, being cautious that Katie wasn't hit by any salt water. And it was only later that evening that she was taken from me sea glass and all. Along with Katie, some photos that I can't replace, an iPad, a camera, a journal full of thoughts, my favorite lipsticks, some money and 2 wallets were taken. We have searched endlessly in second hand shops looking for a trace of any of them and it seems they just don't exist. 

I will not lie, I lost faith in this city after that. I felt that a place with such negativity couldn't be my home. I refused to accept it. I refused to embrace the positives this beautiful city had to offer. I felt completely lost. 

And although I had already adapted the mindset of it just being things that can be replaced. Also the hoping that he who took my things benefits from them much greater than I could. I still felt detached. 

It has been a long journey. And although I mourn for some of the little things that meant so much. I am slowly learning to be happy again, here in a city I worked so hard to belong to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment